Redesigning Innogroup's website UI/UX
The goal for this project was to redesign the existing website for INNOGROUP Company. The brief included:
- Sleek redesign of website into LARAVEL Framework.
- Decrease site confusion, while improving information architecture.
Strategy & Research
Current site issues:
- site menu is overwhelming
- text heavy and confusing
- A lot of repeated content scattered through out
New site expectations
- Communicate to potential clients
- Facilities and companies.
Competitive Comparative Analysis
I looked at competitor websites that offered web marketing services to compare their content and information hierarchy. To review what features they offered, and how information was displayed. It helped me to uncover the unseen users’ problem and inspired me for a better design.
I then closely reviewed all pages of the current website, reviewing content, breakdown of pages, navigation and use of images. The current site is text heavy, with two navigation bars at the top of the page looking cluttered and unclear, and with little hierarchy to the content. Afterwards I put an outline of how I want my new design to be, what value can I add to the website and of course the message transmitted to the users.
FINAL SCREENS + UI(UX) DESIGN
After doing more users testing, I once again realigned the homepage to better meet our business goals. Moving” the Get Involved section” up to right under the hero image to right away, show viewers how they can help. The final homepage looked like this:
This project was more challenging than I had originally expected. The volume of content was discouraging, and there was difficulty in finding subjects who had used the website regularly and could give valuable feedback. So user research was initially a hurdle. The client didn’t have analytics set up on the site, so proving some of the points they brought up in the brief was difficult.
However, the challenge gave me the opportunity to come up with creative ideas to find the information I needed to improve the overall website. I believe I was successful, and I was able to get more in depth with the research and planning aspects of this project, which was my highlight for this project. Also, I vastly enhanced the structural design of both content and pictures, making the site clearer, more manageable for the Back End, and more engaging for the end user. I created a visually pleasing site that met the client’s goals.
Thank you for the work you did with the rebrand. We have been getting very good feedback on the new website. The web site in particular is proving very beneficial. Having a mobile enabled site with a fully integrated content management system is proving to be very useful, and also proving to be a key marketing tool to help us compete for new business. Once again, many thanks for your help and support throughout the entire process.
Share this Post